The rise of online shopping is inevitable. A study by Forrester Research found that in 2021, U.S. online sales will reach $5.2 trillion, nearly a trillion increase from 2020. This growth is driven by several factors, the most prominent of which is convenience. Online shoppers can browse a wide selection of products, compare prices, and read reviews from the comfort of their homes.
Another factor driving the growth of online shopping is the increasing number of millennials making purchases online. A study by Goldman Sachs found that millennials account for almost half of all online spending in the U.S. As this generation gets older and has more disposable income, we expect their spending to increase even more.
So what does this mean for brick-and-mortar stores? It’s not all doom and gloom. There are still many advantages to brick-and-mortar stores, such as the ability to try on clothes or test a product before buying it. However, as more and more shoppers shift to buying products online, brick-and-mortar stores will need to find ways to make themselves more visible to customers online. It will start with making products attractive without them touching them. Here are a few strategies to do that.
Partnering with an ECommerce Platform
Partnering with an eCommerce platform is the first step to taking your brick-and-mortar store online. This will give you the ability to list your products on a website and sell them to customers all over the world. It’s essential to find an eCommerce platform that’s easy to use. It has many features, such as accepting payments, tracking inventory, and connecting to shipping carriers.
One of the best eCommerce platforms for small businesses is Shopify. Over half a million businesses use Shopify in 175 countries, including many brick-and-mortar stores that successfully transition to selling online.
However, you might also want to consider creating your website. This can be a good option if you have the time and resources to invest in building a website that’s easy to use and has all the features you need.
Investing in Good Product Photography
Another critical factor in making your products attractive without the element of touch is to invest in good product photography. Product photos are often the first thing customers see when looking at your products online, so it’s essential to ensure they’re high quality and show your products in the best light possible.
There are a few things you should keep in mind when taking product photos:
- Use a white or neutral background. This will help make your products stand out and look more professional.
- Use natural lighting. Avoid using a flash, as this can often wash out products and make them look less attractive.
- Use multiple angles. Show your products from different angles so customers can get a good idea of their design.
- Include close-ups. Take close-up photos of any important details so customers can see them.
- Hire a professional photographer. If you want to make your products stand out, hire a professional photographer. This can be a bit more expensive, but it’s worth it if you want your products to look their best.
These are just a few things to remember when taking product photos. Since you are already considering making product photography, you can also secure image manipulation services to enhance the quality of the photos. The bottom line is that if your product photos are high quality, they will make your products more attractive to customers.
Including Customer Reviews
Another way to make your products more attractive without the element of touch is to include customer reviews. Customer reviews are a great way to show potential customers that your products are high quality and worth buying.
When customers look at your products, they’ll be able to see what other people have said about them. This can be a deciding factor in whether or not they purchase your product.
Including customer reviews is also an excellent way to build trust with potential customers. If they see that other people have had a positive experience with your product, they’re more likely to trust you and want to buy from you.
There are a few places you can get customer reviews:
- Your website: You can include customer reviews on your website. This is a great way to show potential customers that your products are high quality and worth buying.
- Social media: You can also post customer reviews on social media. This is a great way to reach a wider audience and build trust with potential customers.
- Third-party websites: You can also get customer reviews from third-party websites like Amazon or Yelp. This is a great way to reach a larger audience and show potential customers that your products are high quality and popular.
These are just a few places you can get customer reviews. When looking for customer reviews, be sure to look for positive ones that mention the quality of your product.
Making your products attractive without the element of touch can be a challenge. However, you can do a few things to make your products more appealing to customers.
Invest in good product photography, including customer reviews, and make sure your website is easy to use. These are just a few things you can do to make your products more attractive to customers. If you follow these tips, you’ll be well on making your products more beautiful without the element of touch.