These days, just about every business has a website. Most people understand that business is not done locally anymore, it’s on the web where there is an opportunity to bring in customers from around the world. But having a website is not enough. People must have the ability to find your site, and that’s where SEO (search engine optimization) comes in.
Good SEO makes your website appear on search engines like Google. Anytime people need information, they turn to Google for the answers, and what they find depends on SEO.
There are many ways to work with your SEO consultant to help get you to the top of the search engine lists. Here we’ll take a look at one of them, specifically how blogs can help improve your SEO ranking.
What Does a Blog Have to do with SEO?
Dealing with SEO is difficult, just ask an seo expert. There are many factors to consider and they are technical beyond the abilities of most people. But by blogging you create SEO opportunities for your website.
While a blog will not necessarily rank your site, it will help with several things that can improve your ranking. Regularly adding new blog content that is relevant to your audience can dramatically raise your website’s overall performance on the search engine.
- Stay Fresh and Up-To-Date- With a steady flow of current information being churned out on your website, say weekly or monthly, you let your visitors know that you are still in business. Just as important, Google knows that you are in operation with fresh content so that confidence is high that the searching audience is reaching valid information.
- Keep Visitors on Your Page- If you provide quality content in your blog, people will stay to read it, signaling to Google that your information is helpful. As a homepage can be scanned quickly, an interesting blog article can keep people reading for a while, making it beneficial for them and your website.
- Long-Tail Keywords- About half of all Google searches use four words or longer. These are called long-tail keywords and ranking for those more specific topics or questions rather than basic single-word entries can have a big impact. Using these in a blog post is much easier than on a standard webpage.
- Internal Linking- You can use your blog content to link back to any relevant spot directly on your website. This allows you to direct your visitors where you want them to go so that you pique their interest and boost your results through Google’s algorithms.
- Back Linking- With excellent quality content on your blog, you become the target of others who want to use your information as a reliable source. This leads to more viewers who trust your content. An alternative would be working with a link building agency.
A blog not only offers a great opportunity to increase your SEO ranking, but it is also a great way to personally connect with your customers through useful content that they can enjoy. Your site can benefit from referrals and increased traffic as a result.